Join Aaron in today's episode as he discusses Mental Health Awareness with Monica De La O, a Mental Health Therapist.
Monica helps us understand the difference between mental health and mental illness along with ways to recognized both.
Monica also shares with us about understanding what anxiety is and how some tools and techniques to not only deal with anxiety but with mental health in general.
Monica and Aaron also discussed some trends in mental health, some challenges, and some reasons, as a society, we are slower to deal with mental health then physical health.
Join Aaron and Monica in our informative conversation about why mental health matters and ways we can all become more aware of mental health.
Listed below are resources Monica shared with us to share with our audience.
- Jovanovic, T. (n.d.). What is Anxiety? Anxiety.org. Retrieved from https://www.anxiety.org/what-is-anxiety
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. (2023). Mental Health Conditions. NAMI. Retrieved from https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Mental-Health-Conditions
- Psychology Today. (2023). Find a Therapist. Sussex Publishers, LLC. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2023). About Mental Health. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/learn/index.htm
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). What is Mental Health? MentalHealth.gov. Retrieved from https://www.mentalhealth.gov/basics/what-is-mental-health